Submit an article to the journal

Requirements to the article

Section

Indexing

Journal archive

Tracing of postal items

Cooperation

Editorial Board

www.T-Science.org       p-ISSN 2308-4944 (print)       e-ISSN 2409-0085 (online)
SOI: 1.1/TAS         DOI: 10.15863/TAS

Journal Archive

ISJ Theoretical & Applied Science 09(77) 2019

Philadelphia, USA

* Scientific Article * Impact Factor 6.630

Isgandarova, V. F.

To the question on the research of constructions of verbs (Transitivity and intransitivity).

Full Article: PDF

Scientific Object Identifier: http://s-o-i.org/1.1/TAS-09-77-63

DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.15863/TAS.2019.09.77.63

Language: English

Citation: Isgandarova, V. F. (2019). To the question on the research of constructions of verbs (Transitivity and intransitivity). ISJ Theoretical & Applied Science, 09 (77), 354-356. Soi: http://s-o-i.org/1.1/TAS-09-77-63 Doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.15863/TAS.2019.09.77.63 Scopus ASСC: 1203. Introduction Choosing good presenters with good verbs in all situations was always a problem. It is a challenge that a user of French whose mother tongue is not higher and sometimes has trouble controlling it. When one learns one language from another, it is not uncommon to encounter difficulties. Let us return then to understand these phenomena which are transitivity and intransitivity. First, it must be possible to imagine that the verb is certainly the most important word in the sentence. I would say that it is the heart. Sometimes, it will be an action (verbed'action) or will present a state (state verb). In addition, the action verbs are divided into three forms (active, passive, or pre-verbal voice). Celadit, the subject on which we will focus in this post concerns transitivity and intransitivity which is another of the many properties of the verb. Traditional grammars define the object complement as "the person or object over which the action passes. This action is expressed by the verb and carried out by the subject. This conception of transitivity is defeated by many counterexamples. Employed in a formal way, the notions of transitivity and intransitivity characterize the different types of constructs of the verb. From the point of view of the learner of FLE, we can say that transitivity is a purely formal criterion. But it is also very important to learn it and apply. Materials and Methods In French, unverbe can be said to be transitive. This is defined as a function of the verb object. A verbal construct is transitive when the verben has no complement. If we mean briefly, unverb is transitive, it can receive a complement, and intransitive it can not receive a complement. The verbs expressing an action that passes directly on an object, that is to say, from the point of syntactical point of view, the verbs that can have a complement of direct object: I read the text. It recounts its history. This complement of object is not necessarily expressed: She sings a song. She sings well. I'm reading a book. I read aloud. I read. The verbs expressing an action that passes directly on an object, that is to say, from the point of syntactical point of view, the verbs that can have a complement of direct object: I read the text. It recounts its history. This complement of object is not necessarily expressed: She sings a song. She sings well. I'm reading a book. I read aloud. I read. It is possible to encounter direct or indirect verb transitive. The first give rise to a complement of direct object and the second, you have understood, give rise to a complement of indirect object. Take the verb listen, for example. In the sentence, the dog listens to his master; we have a direct object complement. The way to check it is to ask the question: the dog listens who? Since the question is direct, we have a direct complement of object which is its master. This is why the verb listen is a direct verb transitive. In the case of indirect verbs, we will have a preposition which will slip between the verb and its complement. It is because of this that we will say that the complement is indirect. The verb is separated from its complement by a preposition. Let us take the verb obey. In the sentence the dog obeys his master; we obtain a complement of indirect object since the question to ask is: The dog obeys to whom? From this simple observation follows a fact. Thus, two sentences constructed of the same nature change if the verb is changed. From there, in part, the importance of the verbs was increased earlier. Let us now look at other examples: the phrase He evokes his childhood is constructed from a direct verb transitive (he evokes what? His childhood); while the phrase He remembers his childhood is constructed from an indirect transitive pronominal verb (he remembers what? From his childhood). The difference of meaning between the two sentences is very slight. To evoke these memories are two verbs whose meaning is very near and may, in this particular situation, be interchangeable. On the other hand, the nature of the two verbs differs, since one is direct and the other indirect. This brings us to one observation of primary importance: several prepositions are attached to indirect verbs and should be learned at the same time as the conjugation of the verb. This habit could greatly improve the use of prepositions, since instead of tracing the English constructions; one would understand the nature of the verb in the third language, in this case, from the acquisition of the verb, even as a basic vocabulary. Conclusion Finally, it must be borne in mind that some people may use transitive methods directly and indirectly depending on the situations, or they may be trans- and intransitive depending on the situation. This is the case of most verbs. Let's take the verbfleurir. We can say: The cherry blossoms (intransitive); and we can say all the same: The nurse bloomed my room (direct transitive). We also find sentences such as: I think that I love (direct transitive); and also: I think of you (indirect transitive). They are always, in all cases, the same.   Translational verbs express actions that do not pass on an object. The verb transitive, unlike the others, cannot be separated from any object complement, which is characterized by the non-presence of an object complement (direct or indirect). Ex: sleeping, falling, dying... In fact, such creatures are never accompanied by a direct complement because their properties make it impossible to build them with a direct or indirect object. The verb conjugative cannot have a direct or indirect complement because the action described only concerns the subject and can not extend to an object. There are special cases for the use of verbs that need attention. Ilexes of the verbsditransitifs which canadmettre at the same time a COD and a COI that one calls during COS (Supplement of second object). For example, there is one man (COD) in Samere (COS). Someone can even build himself up with three complements. He has translated this book of Latin into several modern languages. The distinction between trans- and intransitive verbs is not absolute. Some verb can be bothtransitiveandintransitive to the same form. This change is accompanied by a more or less sensible change of meaning. They are called verifiable orbiting motionless. Ex: the doghouse tail. (Transitive) the doghouse, (intransitive). The spring approaches (intransitive), Approach your chair (transitive). The courses finish at three hours (intransitive), the speaker finishes his speech (transitive). He leaves every day (intransitive), She took out of the pocket his handkerchief (transitive). Works on his thesis (intransitive). Paul likes to work with wood. (Transitive). Results Transitivity is the central problem of syntactic and semantic relations, commanded by the predicate in the simple statement. The study of this phenomenon through different languages ??and different types of languages ??shows that transitivity presents diverse faces and responds to varying conditions. It is not possible, for example, to treat it as the same in the Western languages ??(dominant subject) and in the Far Eastern languages ??(dominant subject). Two approaches, apparently divergent, but in fact complementary, can be applied to transitivity: a search to enumerate all the criteria and possible parameters, which can be assembled in a grid; conversely, it is the other way around to express the conditions of the transitivity of the semantic requirements applicable to each language in particular. Thus transitivity is reflected in the strategic points of the utterance: the agent exercises control over the predicate, which itself applies to one or more objects. It is not therefore the presence or absence of the object of the verb, it is the possibility for receive an object or not. This means that the memorization of prepositions associated with the verbs asks for the method, but once it is acquired; there will be a spectacular improvement in the syntactic construction of the verbal group. In fact, it is not necessary to learn by heart all the possible forms, but to understand nature. Also, during the oral or oral expression we will leave behind the "very perilous" translation in the matter of prepositions and the desire to become aware of French verbal constructions. In addition, to understand French in its essence or in its spirit requires a deepening of the knowledge of the nature of verbs. References: Blinkenberg, A. (1960). Le probleme de la transitiviteenfrancaismoderne. (p.366). Munksgaard, Copenhague. Rousseau, A. (1998). La transitivite. (p.362). Lille, Presses Univ. du Septentrion. Riegal, M., Pellat, J., & Rene, R. (1994). Grammairemethodique du francais. (p.1107). Paris, Presseuniversitaires de France. Steinberg, N. (1972). Grammaire Francaise. (p.341). Leningrad. Gregoire, M. (1995). Grammaire progressive du francais (CLE International - 1995). Verdelhan, J., & Girardet, J. (1997). Le Nouveau Sans Frontieres. (p.175). Blondeau, N. (2006). Litterature progressive du francais. (p.159). Niveau debutant. (1995). A l’ecoute des sons. Les voyelles. T.Pagniez Delbart. (p.143). CLE International. (1993). A l’ecoute des sons. Les Consonnes. T. Pagniez Delbart. (p.111). CLE International. Charliac, L., & Motron, A. (1999). Phonetique progressive du francais. (avec 600 exercices). (p.192). Paris : CLE International.

Pages: 354-356

Published: 30.09.2019

Abstract: The distinction between transitive and intransitive verbs is important for the choice of the auxiliary verb in the formation of the compound tenses, for the formation of the passive voice and indeed for the learners of the FLE for their good translations.

Key words: verb, transitivity, intransitivity, object complement, direct, indirect.

E-mail:         T-Science@mail.ru

© «Theoretical &Applied Science»                      2013 г.